A unique research service of TPCGS
Researchers seeking information of family in Tacoma or Pierce County, Washington records may avail themselves of a unique research opportunity provided by TPCGS researchers.
Volunteers will conduct up to two-hours of research using the records listed below. Also, based on your questions we will research material that we think will assist in answering your inquiry. Our donation fee schedule for this service is $30 US ($35 US for requests from outside the US). Copies of birth, marriage or death certificates require an additional fee of $30 US.
Funds generated by this research service will be used to purchase genealogical source materials or provide for member and community outreach.
To Begin the Research Process:
- Develop a specific question.
- Prepare Family Froup Sheets for both birth family and adult families
- Email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org and Order Online.
- Or Submit your request for research by mail your request to: TPCGS Research Committee, Tacoma Pierce County Genealogical Society, PO Box 1952, Tacoma, WA 98401
- Include a check made out to TPCGS (Tacoma Pierce County Genealogical Society) for the research fee.
- Include your full mailing address, email address and telephone number so we can contact you if questions arise.
Please note that your order will not be processed until we receive payment.
Upon receipt of your request, a volunteer will be assigned to do the work. Upon completion of your project, a report will be mailed to you along with any documents we find. While we make no guarantee that the search will be successful, we will do our best to find something about your family members. The more information you provide, the better we will be able to complete your request. If there is additional cost involved, your researcher will contact you directly and alert you to the probable cost.